Gelderman Pork Farms in the Fraser Valley near Vancouver

Gelderman Farms Quality Pork Division Closes It’s Doors

Please Note: Our blueberry and compost divisions are currently continuing to operate.

It is with extreme mixed emotions that we are writing this letter.

For various reasons, we have decided to retire. Our children have all taken a different path in life and we want to support them in their decisions. Over the past year Jerry has been struggling with some health issues and he needs to slow down. We’ve had a couple of individuals interested in purchasing the business but to no success. This was not an easy decision for us to make. That being said May 14, 2021 will be our last date for taking orders, subject to product being available.

Through this journey over the past 12 years we have learned a lot, met a lot of wonderful people and are truly thankful for all the people who have supported us. We’ve had frustrations, joys, chaos and been stretched further than we ever thought possible but mostly we’ve had fun. It has truly been an amazing journey.

We have appreciated the many compliments on our products. Thank you so much for the past 12 years.

We encourage you to continue to buy local where possible and support other local farmers.

We look forward to our “after the butcher shop” life to see where God leads us.  Our prayer is that we can figure out what’s going on with Jerry’s health, that we will be able to spend more time with family and that we can start on the “honey do” list.

Some of our favorite quotes are:

• “Faith is not about everything turning out okay.  Faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out.”
  • “You don’t always need a plan – sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.”
  • “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”

Thanks for the memories and blessings to all.

Jerry and Audrey

Gelderman Farms LTD.
Phone # office:  604-864-9096
Email: jageld@shaw.ca

10 Responses to “Gelderman Farms Quality Pork Division Closes It’s Doors”

1. Diane McLatchie says:

Thanks for so many years of quality products. I’ve left a phone message and can hopefully get one last order in to keep us supplied for a while longer. Best regards on your path to the future.

2. Gus says:

Things just keep getting worse, Geldermans pork was always one of those special little secrets you always wanted to keep to yourself, it was just that good,the shoulders,rib chops and everything else.
    But the reality was that you would always recommend it as it was alwaya on your mind. As a butcher that worked in the industry my creations were always based around Jerry’s pork, I only used the best,stuffed chops,cutlets, my own custom pork patties and meatballs, people would call me to place a orders all the time I never used anything but Geldermans. Simply the best pork I have ever had… You and you product will be missed.

3. Dave says:

Best of luck on your future endeavors! You will certainly be missed, I think you had some of the best products on the market.

Thanks

4. Allison & Mike says:

We planned our farmers’ market schedule around the Geldermans being there. And we were delighted to find their pork available in local shops in our neighbourhood. It was something special, and so are Jerry and Audrey. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope your future holds good health and happiness.

5. Lynda Carter says:

Sad to hear this. Thank you so much for all the great products.

6. Annette says:

I am so sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed your products for years and always appreciated learning about your business when you were at the farmer’s markets. Thank you for all your hard work over the years. I wish you both all the best. You will be missed.

7. Marlene Cooney says:

Dear Audrey and Jerry, I am so sorry to read your letter but understand your reasons for retiring. Please know your pork products were always the best and you will be sorely missed. It was always a pleasure to visit with you when I picked up my order.
    Be well and I send my very best wishes for this new chapter in your lives. Bless you both.

8. Susan Foster says:

We sincerely wish both of you all the best in your retirement and for Jerry’s health issues to get sorted. You will be very missed! We are thankful we’ve been able to enjoy Gelderman pork for so many years.

9. Nicole H says:

Ohh I just emailed to ask where to buy your bacon since I haven’t been able to find it in my usual stores this last month!! Sad to hear there won’t be anymore Gelderman bacon, no other can compare, it was truly the best tasting bacon around and even better that it was from a local caring farm. Enjoy your retirement and wishing you health and happiness!

10. Snjezana Tesar says:

We are so sad that you are retiring, but one’s health comes first. We hope Jerry’s health improves swiftly and you change your mind and bring back your wonderful meats. We love your quotes. God bless! Jana and Ratko